[Expat-discuss] cannot debug my project on Solaris when expat is linked

Georg Füchsle giofyxle at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 8 18:14:33 CEST 2009

Hallo,

I have moved my project on Solaris to KDevelop. Now I cannot debug my
project anymore.

Doing several tests I found out that this depends on whether expat is
linked or not.

If I make a little project that can be debugged, and then I link expat
to this project the debugger will no more be able to start this
program. The debugger gives the message 'project exited' without
stopping at the first line of my project.

But I can run the program if it is started without step modus even it
is compiled from the same 'debug'- configuration.

I did the same on Suse-Linux. There is no problem debugging the
project with expat there.

Is it possible that I have got a bad expat-version when installing the
KDE-Environment to Solaris?

Can anybody give me a hint?

Thanks giofyxle