[Expat-discuss] CDATA parsing

David van Geest David.VanGeest at bepco.com
Tue Sep 9 23:29:42 CEST 2008

Hi all,
We're using an older version of the Expat XML parser.  I wish I could
tell you what version, but it's nowhere to be found.  The copyright in
the header reads:

"Copyright (c) 1998, 1999, 2000 Thai Open Source Software Center Ltd"

I'm wondering how CDATA sections are handled by the parser.   Our
wrapper classes return the first 21 characters of the CDATA section as
the value of the node containing the section, and I can't figure out
what is happening to the rest.  I've been looking through xmlparse.c,
but it's not the most human-readable code ever....

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

----
David van Geest