[Expat-discuss] locale: LC_ALL=french; export LC_ALL

Carlos Pereira jose.carlos.pereira at ist.utl.pt
Thu Mar 13 23:19:08 CET 2008

Nick MacDonald wrote:
> Carlos:
>
> In my experience,
> eXpat does NOT interpret the data, it just supplies it to your
> program, and you need to make an interpretation.  Accordingly, I
> suspect the problem is inside your app and how you use the resulting
> data from eXpat, and not with eXpat itself.

You are absolutely right, expat just feeds me const char data, my fault,
I apologize.

Anyway, according to XML schema, only dots are allowed as decimal
separators:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#decimal

So it might be better to take the conservative approach, at least for
the moment,
and to forget about commas and other locale-defined separators and do
everything
with decimal points... simple and consistent...
Carlos