[Expat-discuss] Is this a bug?

Elver Loho elver.loho at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 14:13:47 CEST 2006

Hiya, all!

I have no idea whether this is a bug or not, but I'd like to get
people's opinion on it.

I'm using Python's xml.parsers.expat to parse an RSS feed from
http://blog.kriso.ee/feed/ to generate a static component for our
webstore sidebar at http://www.kriso.ee/

The problem is with the title of the latest entry: "Nip/Tuck'i
stsenarist filmi kirjutamas" -- I have a method registered as
CharacterDataHandler and for the title, it returns *three times*

So the line:

<title>Nip/Tuck'i stsenarist filmi kirjutamas</title>

Ends up causing calls to:
StartElementHandler("title")
CharacterDataHandler("Nip/Tuck")
CharacterDataHandler("'")
CharacterDataHandler("i stsenarist filmi kirjutamas")
EndElementHandler("title")

It's trivial to work around it, but what's going on here?

Elver