[Expat-discuss] why I can't use buildconf.sh?

Carlos Atabales catabales at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 17:38:00 CEST 2005

If you are building Expat from a check-out from the CVS repository,
you need to run a script that generates the configure script using the
GNU autoconf and libtool tools.  To do this, you need to have
autoconf 2.52 or newer and libtool 1.4 or newer.  Run the script like
this:

        ./buildconf.sh

Once this has been done, follow the same instructions as for building
from a source distribution.

To build Expat from a source distribution, you first run the
configuration shell script in the top level distribution directory:

        ./configure

are you sure building Expat from a check-out from the CVS repository ?
if not execute  ./configure, this if you are building Expat from
expat-1.95.8.tar

catabales.