[Expat-discuss] Build problem

Emil Rojas erojas at cradle.com
Mon Apr 11 18:04:05 CEST 2005

Hi, all this is my first attempt to ask a question here.  Is this the
right group, or should I send this to bugs?

I downloaded expat and attempted a build on cygwin.  I ran ./configure
with no problems and then attempted make with no arguments

I get the following link error

------------:

$ make

/bin/bash ./libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Wall
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -

fexceptions -DHAVE_EXPAT_CONFIG_H   -I./lib -I. -no-undefined
-version-info 5:0:5 -rpath /usr/local/

lib  -o libexpat.la lib/xmlparse.lo lib/xmltok.lo lib/xmlrole.lo

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3/../../../libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)(.
text+0xb3): undefined refere

nce to `_WinMain at 16'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [libexpat.la] Error 1

Did I miss something?

I have

 BASH_VERSION='2.05b.0(1)-release'

And

$ gcc --version

gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (cygwin special)

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO

PURPOSE.

EO Rojas

System Engineering Software Manager