[Expat-discuss] Heading information in an xml file

Brad Hayes bhayes at dmsi.com
Fri Jun 11 11:47:05 EDT 2004

I'm in the process of duplicating an xml file with updated tag values.
At the top of most (all?) xml files there is information similar to
this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE jobFile >
<!--  JOB XML ORDER EXPORT FILE V1.0   -->
The comment line comes to me if I set XML_SetCommentHandler, but I don't
see how I can get the other information so I can pass it to the new
file.  Is this possible or am I going in the wrong direction.

Brad Hayes