[Expat-discuss] Re: Pre-release snapshot of Expat 1.95.8

Mohun Biswas m_biswas at mailinator.com
Fri Jul 23 14:46:48 CEST 2004

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Here's what's in the Changes file for 2.8:
>         - Some mostly minor bug fixes, but compilation should no
>           longer generate warnings on most platforms.  SF issues
>           include: 827319, 840173, 846309, 888329, 896188, 923913,
>           928113, 961698, 985192.

I notice that the signatures for a few functions still use 'int' for a
length field, e.g.:

enum XML_Status XMLCALL
XML_Parse(XML_Parser parser, const char *s, int len, int isFinal)

Shouldn't the third parameter be "size_t len"? Is there any point to a
negative length? This causes warnings for me on some platforms, most
notably Windows. Simply passing the result of strlen() will raise the
warning, for instance.

Thanks,
Mohun Biswas