[Expat-discuss] Problems compiling expat 1.95.8 on Solaris8platform

John.Hockaday at ga.gov.au John.Hockaday at ga.gov.au
Wed Aug 4 05:49:41 CEST 2004

Thanks Fred,

That makes me feel a bit better but I've had similar troubles with libxml2,
yaz, OpenJade and Zap so I still believe not following the standard install
path of /usr/local/ has something to do with it.  Especially when each bit of
software relies on linking to the previously one.

Anyway, many thanks to this list's subscribers for all your help.  It
reinforces my belief that open source is better supported than proprietary
software.

Thanks.

John