[Expat-discuss] (no subject)

Ponnusamy.Anand at choicepoint.com Ponnusamy.Anand at choicepoint.com
Tue Oct 28 15:22:48 EST 2003

Hello everbody,

I'm using Expat 1.95.6 on Solaris 2.8. I'm making a stored procedure call
to the database and retrieving data through cursors. After that I add xml
tags to the all the data values which replace those special characters
("&"; "<"; ">"; "\""; "'";) to ones understood in xml world like (&amp,
&lt, &gt, &quot, &apos). Then I use Expat to parse the values. But
unfortunately, Expat is truncating the value from  Anand&apos;s Battery
Service into  's Anand Service and BRAKE &amp; OIL into OIL in the
following sample

<TAG1>Anand&apos;s Battery Service</TAG1>
<TAG2>BRAKE &amp; OIL</TAG2>

Can someone please explain how I need to get around this special character
problem?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
P. Anand