[Expat-discuss] Expat 1.95.7 released

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Mon Oct 27 16:02:13 EST 2003

Steven Nikkel writes:
 > I'm particularly interested in this update. What has changed? I still see
 > xmlparse.c, xmlrole.c, xmltok.c include expat_config.h.

What has changed is that they only include expat_config.h if
HAVE_EXPAT_CONFIG_H is defined, which is only done from the Makefile.
If you use a Makefile that doesn't define that, you can defined
HAVE_MEMCOPY and/or HAVE_BCOPY (as appropriate for your platform), and
not need to generate an expat_config.h.

You can now copy *.[ch] from the lib/ directory and use them as-is.
We're using this for the Python bindings for Expat, for which we don't
want to use a separate library (especially since that module is
normally built as a separate dynamically-loaded module anyway).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation