[Expat-discuss] Parsing External Entities

Karl Waclawek karl at waclawek.net
Fri Jan 17 09:04:12 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael B. Allen" <miallen at eskimo.com>
To: "Karl Waclawek" <karl at waclawek.net>
Cc: <expat-discuss at libexpat.org>; <fdrake at acm.org>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 3:09 AM

> > Try using XML_ParserCreate_MM or linking Expat statically.
>
> Nope. Still the same result.
>
> > When I use the (not yet released) XML_FreeContentModel, then I have no problem.
> > <for Fred - this is an argument pro the new API, isn't it?>
> >
> > I can also use XML_ParserFree on the external entity parser without problems.
> > So, with XML_FreeContentModel, your example works fine for me.
> >
> > Let me know if using XML_ParserCreate_MM supplying your own free,malloc, etc.helps.
>
> Well I tried using it will the regular malloc, realloc, and free
> without a difference. Otherwise I do not have an alternative mm
> implementation available.
>
> No biggie. I just wait on external entities with expat for now.

I am sorry nothing helped you.
Expat 1.95.2 was released July 2001, so it is quite old.

We are currently wrapping up the release of 1.95.6.
However, we have no control over what RedHat puts
into its distributions.

There are no major changes between 1.95.5 and 1.95.6, just bug/build fixes
and a few API additions. 1.95.5 has been downloaded more than 80,000 times
and there have been barely any complaints.

Karl