[Expat-discuss] Expat "add-ons"

Ken MacLeod ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us
10 Jul 2001 12:07:20 -0500

"Jean Georges PERRIN" <jgp@4js.com> writes:

> We recently decided to focus a bit more on Expat, as it seems to be
> quite a cool project.
>
> However, I was wondering about the other projects that were using
> Expat. We found Centerpoint/XML a DOM / SAX parser, Sablotron an
> XSLT library, ...
>
> Is there any others? Is there a list somewhere?

Orchard/C[1] includes a SAX/DOM implementation.  Overall, Orchard is
currently in an alpha stage, but the XML modules are part of the core
so they are well covered in the unit and functional tests.  Orchard/C
uses a preprocessor, virtual methods, and garbage collection to make
user-written C code much simpler and more flexible -- one step beyond
Gnome's "C++ in C" style of coding, for example.  Orchard also has a
transparent bridge to Perl, and eventually to Python, Ruby, Tcl, and
similar languages.

  -- Ken

[1] <http://Casbah.org/~kmacleod/orchard/>