[Expat-discuss] Expat ported to AmigaOS

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Sat Dec 1 13:40:09 2001

James S. Perrin writes:
 >     I've finished my port of expat to the AmigaOS as a shared library,
 > unlike a static compile, which is very straight forward, creating an Amiga
 > shared libraries requires a number of additional files and all the API
 > functions defintions modifying which means that there is no nice way
 > (dozens of #ifdef AMIGA etc) of merging the changes with the current
 > sources.

  I'd be interested in seeing the kings of changes you needed to
make.

 > I've uploaded the binaries and modified sources to the Amiga's primary
 > resource the Aminet http://us.aminet.net

  I just looked around there, and wasn't able to find it.  Where
should I be looking?  I'd like to take a look at the sources to see
what it would take to merge the changes, and what kind of changes were
needed.  If there's a way to merge changes in, that would be best, and
would make it easier to maintain the Amiga version.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation