[execnet-dev] Urgent question about ssh with username/password

Prasanna Mulgaonkar prasanna.mulgaonkar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 17:26:03 EST 2018

I know that this is not a recommended approach, but in one particular
customer we are working with, only username/password based ssh logins
are permitted. How do I open an execnet gateway and pass a password to
the ssh call?

For example make_gateway("ssh=testuser at ipaddress") prompts on the python
console if I run this in an interactive python shell. I want to run it
non interactively. How do I specify the password.

Replacing ssh= with sshpass= does not work.

Thanks

--prasanna