[execnet-dev] how to remotely open a program on win box?

Mathieu Drapeau matdrapeau at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 23:36:10 CEST 2010

Hi,
I am trying to connect to a windows box and execute a program which requires
the display using execnet. The windows box has cygwin installed where sshd
is running.
Here is a small example of what I am trying to achieve.

# remote.py script which should open the windows calculator utility
from subprocess import call
if __name__ == '__channelexec__':
    call(["calc"])

#code to run locally
import execnet, remote
gw = execnet.makegateway("ssh=%s" % WINBOX_IP)
ch = gw.remote_exec (remote)
ch.waitclose ()

Looking on the screen of my windows box, I don't see any calculator program!
Is it expected?

Thanks,
Mathieu