[EuroPython] Proposal review interface

Markus Holtermann info at markusholtermann.eu
Tue Mar 11 00:36:06 CET 2014

Hello Chris,

I'm the webteam lead for the EuroPython 2014.

First of all, thank you for your input and comments. The issues you
describe are perfectly valid, so I created 2 issues in our issue tracker
at https://github.com/EuroPython/djep/issues

https://github.com/EuroPython/djep/issues/82

https://github.com/EuroPython/djep/issues/83

>Can we make sure that for trainings the right text ends up in the
>conference program (i.e. the contents of the "Description" field)?

Well, as the fields in the proposal view are correctly labeled
(structure has the annotation about the time frames), it is first up to
the proposal author to put the description and the abstract/structure in
the correct fields. Second, the once the schedule is launched and before
the conference program is printed, we will of course try to make sure to
always include the correct text. Apart from that, the abstract /
structure field in the review's proposal update form lacks the
annotation about the time frames. Hence I created yet another issue:
https://github.com/EuroPython/djep/issues/84

Bottom line, we will fix those issues asap. But if someone on this mailing
list wants to contribute, fee free to comment on the issue and let us
know and submit a pull request.

Best,

Markus Holtermann

(EuroPython 2014 Webteam Lead)

--

EuroPython 2014 - The European Python Conference in Berlin
21-27 July 2014 at bcc Berlin Congress Center