[EuroPython] EuroPython] saving money with mobile phones

Massa, Harald Armin chef at ghum.de
Fri Feb 7 15:02:20 CET 2014

> (Smart)Phone SIM
> ================
>
> I am not sure how the situation will be in the summer (heard about some
> EU thing that should lower prices!?), but in case that is not in effect
> then, maybe there could be also some deal with a mobile carrier.
>
> We all know the ripoff that mobile carriers do when you are not in your
> home country, esp. when it comes to data transfer. Often doing only the
> slightest thing will cost you as much as you usually pay for a whole month.

Thomas is right with the roaming stuff.

Anyway, in Germany there are multiple cheap solutions which do not
require any of the precious time of the organizers: The big
discounters like ALDI and Lidl have their branded mobile services;
SIM-Cards can be bought for roughly 10EUR with enough minutes and data
to last for a week light usage (email, navigation).

Quite sure also Penny and Rewe and most drogeries have those cards; at
least one of those shops will be in crawling distance from the venue.

Harald

--

GHUM GmbH
Harald Armin Massa