[EuroPython] Query on (hotel) Dress Code

Giovanni Bajo giovanni at pycon.it
Mon Apr 23 22:15:12 CEST 2012

Il giorno 23/apr/2012, alle ore 20:32, Gadget/Steve ha scritto:

> Hi All,
>
> My wife, who is not into software but loves the idea of a visit to
> Florence, has raised a question that I thought I would pass on as I can
> not find any information on the web site.
>
> What is the expected style of dress for:
>
>    a) The hotel &
>    b) The Conference?
>

> While the conference code of conduct clearly states that excessive
> sexuality would not be acceptable she would like know if, reasonable
> length, shorts would be acceptable day wear about the hotel, etc.

Hi Steve,

most people at the conference will simply dress casual; that's not unlike most technical conferences out there. The code of conduct is basically trying to address excessive sexualized clothing/costumes (eg: so-called "booth babes"); wearing shorts is absolutely acceptable per-se, and is surely a common clothing in the summer season.

While walking around the city, and in the hotel, you will find many different styles of dresses, including business suites in the day and very elegant dresses in the evenings, and lots of casual and informal dressing (very common among tourists). So for going around the city itself, I would say that any style of dress that makes you comfortable is OK. You can surely find many pictures of crowded Florence squares (on Flickr or Google) to get an idea of the mixed styles.

Please let me know if I can further help you on this matter.
--
Giovanni Bajo

EuroPython 2012
https://ep2012.europython.eu