[EuroPython] little BOFs again

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 19:17:44 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Michael Foord <mfoord at python.org> wrote:
> On 18/06/2010 17:19, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>> it'll happily run under python2.4-2.7
>> http://github.com/lkcl/grailbrowser
>>

> One possibility would be to use PyPy, with its new C extension support, to
> get sandboxing.

 intriguing idea.  what's the purpose - make it possible to run
python2.4 code on a modern system?

> Implementing a renderer for any *recent* version of html is going to be more
> work though... :-)

 ahh, deep joy - you have filled my future with such fuuun.

 yes i was really looking forward to adding HTML5 style features, by
investigating paul bonser's pybrowser work: he's done a back-end
capable of supporting W3C DOM TR1,2 and 3.

 that's step 1: the renderer itself... yeah... 2D canvas particularly
springs to mind...

 l.