[EuroPython] Are you looking for a talk subject? I'm giving one away! :)

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue May 20 19:51:04 CEST 2008

I'm not going to EuroPython this year, which is a shame, because I
know exactly what I should talk about: Not being scared of Python 3.0,
and that the incompatibilities aren't so big and scary that has been
said.

So if you want to talk at EuroPython, but don't know what to talk
about, I'm giving this potential talk to you! :-)

The talk could be about how much of the changes between 2.x and 3.0
only are a problem if you are writing bad 2.x code, examples of some
incompatibilities that are tricky to get around, and examples of how
to write code that runs under 2.6 and 3.0, and examples of cases where
you can't run the same code under 2.6 and 3.0 but have to use 2to3 or
have separate code bases (or abandon 2.6).

Should be enough for an informative 30 minute talk, I think. Up for
grabs! Mail me at regebro at gmail.com if you are interested. Deadline is
Thursday (yes, the day after tomorrow), so hurry up!

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64