[EuroPython] Language Advice for Speakers?

Jack diederich jackdied at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 19:55:19 CEST 2008

Does anyone have good links or tips for language?  The rule for
speakers in general, even when presenting to native speakers, is to
keep it simple.  How much further should I take "keep it simple" for
the EuroPython audience?

The US PyCon has many English as a second language (ESL) speakers but
they are all very fluent. It is a self-selecting group that goes to
the US, after all.  How much of that can I assume for EuroPython?

Maybe a concrete example would help.  In my PyCon talk a couple years
ago the biggest laugh-line was a slide titled "Oh The Huge Manatee."
I'm guessing that is out of bounds.

-Jack

PS, I've listened to 20 hours of "Teach yourself Lithuanian" CDs.  Not
too bad (because it is latinate), and much easier than my last attempt
(Icelandic).