[EuroPython] [Europython-improve] getting to the conference site

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jun 2 11:54:23 CEST 2008

On 2008-05-31 16:55, Paul Boddie wrote:
> On Saturday 31 May 2008 15:20:04 Laura Creighton wrote:
>> I don't find a section about 'how to get from the trainstation
>> or the airport to the conference venue'.  Are we missing this?
>
> Yes. I'd like to know what the locals recommend and what people found out last
> year. The taxi ride from the airport was "exciting", but I heard that the bus
> is actually quite convenient. Anyone?

We took the taxi last year. It's not really all that expensive,
but you do need to watch out that you don't get ripped off it
seems.

Last year we payed twice as much for the way from the airport
to the hotel, than the other way around.

Compared to what you'll have to pay in Birmingham, it's a no-brainer
and I got ripped off there as well, again going from the airport
to the hotel - looks like a systematic problem :-).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 02 2008)
2008-07-07: EuroPython 2008, Vilnius, Lithuania            34 days to go