[EuroPython] New registrant in 'EuroPython 2007': Mr. URNER, Kirby

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 18:12:52 CEST 2007

Included in my talk/demo will be some reloading of:
http://www.4dsolutions.net/cgi-bin/europython2007.cgi
plus sharing of source code.  Some of the stories might
be my experience with my ISP (a for-profit NGO) getting
Python 2.5 installed, as the above uses string.Template,
new in 2.4.  Some ISPs don't get it about having multiple
Pythons in /usr/bin, letting account-owner-authors use
shebang notation to direct accordingly.

The source code talks about the other demo:
hypertoons.  These were developed with the VPython
library, which some think should be part of the Standard
Library but I think only because they're worried about
Ruby's high level of out-of-the-box OpenGL.  I have an
advance peek at a hypertoon at one of my websites,
http://www.grunch.net/synergetics/ where you can
also download it for your iPod (where I keep several
of mine, good conversation starters in bars or whatever).

[OK, so YouTube seems down at the moment, unusal,
even the home site?  Could be on my end...]

This little script is *not* my substantive paper BTW, which
was submitted for review by the usual process and which
is more formally organized and packed with deeper
content.  I was simply invited to incorporate demo
elements in my talk, in order to maximize "bang for
the buck" as they say in Texas (I drove through TX
once -- maybe a little rubbed off).

Kirby
from Oregon