[EuroPython] Minor Web site corrections/suggestions

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Mar 21 10:08:10 CET 2006

Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> The EuroPython Web site is really coming along now, but here are some minor,
> nagging-level corrections for some of the information on there:

I believe it's traditional at this point for me to say "do you want
the rights to edit the website for yourself?" :)

> The spelling of "accomodation" should be fixed to be "accommodation"; this
> affects a few pages, I guess.

I think I got all of these; please tell me if I missed any.

> On the location page [1], we might want to mention some of that information
> Chris Withers was asking about:
>
>   * The Swiss currency is the Swiss Franc (CHF). ...
>
>   * Credit cards are usable in Switzerland ...
>
>   * Switzerland is regarded as quite expensive: ...

Done.

> On the breakfast, lunch and dinner page [4], it says that the restaurant is
> open until "01:00pm" - this should, of course, be until 1:00am or 0100. Cue
> happy memories of late night bulk beer buying as a summer student. ;-)

Done.

> The proposed sprints page should probably redirect to (or make way for) the
> actual sprints page on the Wiki. I seem to remember it occasionally
> redirecting for information relevant to last years conference.

Not done yet, as I don't think there's a wiki on ep.org yet.

> Anyway, if this is the wrong place to send all this information, please let me
> know. Having taken a break from the python.org toolchain for a while, I'd be
> happy to sanity-check stuff for EuroPython. (And we should definitely retain
> the upper case E and P for consistency with prior practice, yes.)

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
mwh

--
  If you're talking "useful", I'm not your bot.
                                            -- Tim Peters, 08 Nov 2001