[EuroPython] Info about RV parking

Audun Ostrem Nordal Audun.Ostrem.Nordal at cern.ch
Mon Jun 12 17:26:58 CEST 2006

Hello,

Actually, there are some camping space facilities nearby according to
the list here

http://www.geneve-tourisme.ch/index.php?rubrique=0000000021&lang=_eng

Peissy and Satigny are pretty much as close as you can get, south-west
of CERN, they should be around 5 kms from the venue.  I don't know
exactly what facilities they have at these campings, but I have
eyewitness reports that there are RVs in the Camp-Allondon camping.  It
is nicely located near the woods and less than 500 meters from a
restaurant.  You can get to and from CERN by calling the local bus
service (Telebus) an hour in advance, or you can walk through the
vineyard (this should be shorter).

I checked with security at CERN and they do not allow RVs at CERN for
overnight stays, but you may be allowed to park during daytime.  To do
this you will have to notify them in advance, contact me off-list if you
want to do this.  As for nearby parking lots there are some in the
vicinity, and you may be able to park there, but I'm not sure what the
local customs are about this...

HTH.  Best regards,

__
Audun Ostrem Nordal     tel: +41.22.76.74427
CERN IT/IS
1211 Geneve 23
Switzerland