[EuroPython] IRC access during EuroPython is restricted -solutions

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Jul 3 10:04:44 CEST 2006

Dario Lopez-Kästen <dario at ita.chalmers.se> writes:

> IRC access is firewalled on CERN. To connect to
> #europython at freenode, either try using port 7000 instead of the
> standard irc port,

Don't do this, you'll upset the CERN IT folks:

    http://security.web.cern.ch/security/IRC/

port forwarding via ssh, or ssh and run the irc client on your server.

> OR you could go to the EuroPython Jabber room,
> EuroPython at conference.jabber.org

Or do this, of course.

Yay IT policies.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  GAG: I think this is perfectly normal behaviour for a Vogon. ...
VOGON: That is exactly what you always say.