[EuroPython] europython meeting summary 2006-02-13

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Feb 16 13:30:13 CET 2006

Michael Hudson wrote:
> * Budget
>
>   The only written down plans for the budget so far were in this mail:
>
>   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/europython/2006-January/005551.html
>
>   Michael H observed that he thought there was consensus to not give
>   speakers so much of a discount.  There was some discussion about
>   whether they should have a discount at all, and I think the eventual
>   plan was to give them a small discount.
>
>   As far as I know, the consensus was for this price structure:
>
>               Early Bird     Normal      On the door
>     Speakers    120            120       please no :)
>     Students     65            100         150
>     Normal      120            190         240
>
>   but I admit to not being completely sure.  This should be talked
>   about on the mailing list.

Could you give us an idea of what prices around CERN (hotels,
restaurants, etc.) are like ?

At conference like EPC and PyCon, the conference fees are usually
not a major cost factor - it's the accommodation, food and getting
there that makes up for 90% of the costs.

I've looked around on the CERN web-site, but couldn't find
any infos on e.g. hotel recommendations.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 16 2006)