[EuroPython] Computers off during sessions.

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jan 12 21:13:25 CET 2005

> Good evening everyone,
>
> I just talked to a friend who attended EP '04, and he wanted me to tell
> you guys that there should be a sign or such telling people _not_ to
> use their computers (check e-mail, irc, whatever) during sessions, as
> it's highly annoying, and is very disrespectful.

Well, I have on occasion used my computer to take notes.

I've also read email (quietly) during a talk, but only talks that were
boring me...

> There's precious little one can do to enforce people's computers being
> off other than putting up a (fairly large) sign, so I suppose that'll
> have to do.

Well, I dunno if this is worth jumping up and down over.  ISTM that
you could put up a sign at the entrance saying "Please behave like a
reasonable, civilized human being".  Others may have stronger views...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Richard Gabriel was wrong: worse is not better, lying is better.
  Languages and systems succeed in the marketplace to the extent that