[EuroPython] IRC meeting log 2004-12-20

Chris Withers mail at chrisw.info
Tue Jan 4 19:58:24 CET 2005

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
> Yes indeed, the picture may well be replaced with text or news articles
> with vignettes ... to make the whole thing more dynamic - there should
> be something graphical at least to make the front page attractive.

As far as I know, we're not organising an art conference ;-)
I'd prefer functional, clean and efficient over "pretty", every time.

Just to be clear, I'd like to see the 3 very important columns that are
currently at the bottom on the page moved up to the top.

> I'd
> like to get a newspaper-like front page layout with title + image +
> intro text + link in small blocks...

Yes, but be careful this doesn't just end up feeling cluttered,
especially if it's cluttered with old or obscure content...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk