[EuroPython] [Please read and respond!] We have an EPC 2006 host and organiser

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Feb 3 23:18:33 CET 2005

Laura Creighton wrote:
> While Switzerland is a wonderful place to visit, and CERN is really cool,
> I would be a lot happier if I knew exactly who the people who would be
> organising things in Switzerland are, and why we should believe they
> are capable of running conferences. Can we get something more formal
> in the way of a proposal?

Hi,

I am sure that intention of this letter is not so harsh and
confrontational as it sounds, and a presentation is certainly in order
(it needn't be a full-blown professional presentation ;-).

In the meanwhile, to somewhat statisfy Laura's and other's desire for
background, I refer to a post on the list back in June 2004:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/europython/2004-June/004475.html

For a full description of the organising team, I'll leave it up to
Benedict, since I am only an intermediary in this matter. At least this
time it is more organised than the debate we had about organising EPC
2004 :-)

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/europython/2003-July/thread.html

For a good reference, see Jacob's original Draft proposal for hosting
EPC 2004:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/europython/2003-August/003419.html

Something similar to this would be nice.

Cheers,

/dario

"...and click? damn, I need to kill -9 Word again..." - b using macosx