[EuroPython] front page

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Wed Feb 2 11:12:35 CET 2005

Chris Withers wrote:

> Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
>
>> I've removed the large picture from the front page, replaced it with
>> boxes with dummy content until there is something to show. Basically
>> there could be any information in them  (latest news, events,
>> updates, tracks....., direct links to pages, images, etc...) - I
>> think it can be seen as a pinboard.
>

> Thanks, better, but can we please get the "what, who, why" to be at
> the same vertical alignment? I'd suggest booting "image of the day"
> below "upcoming events"and have shortcuts be two columns wide but the
> same height as "latest site updates"...
>
> Anyone else agree?

Hi!

> cheers,
>
> Chris

do you mean like this:?
http://www.medic.chalmers.se/~jmo/ep2005/ep-front-layout.png   (slots view)
http://www.medic.chalmers.se/~jmo/ep2005/ep-front-layout2.png
(portlets view)

I've added a theme switcher so it's now easy to add / remove portlets on
the front page. But the main grid structure should not be modified. So
it is more a matter of agreeing on the grid structure than on its actual
contents that can be changed afterwards.

there is now :

| box1 | box2 | box3 |

| box4 | box5        |

vertical lengths for boxes inside a same slot are dependent on their
contents and it's almost impossible to control it in a simple way, but
having two rows make it possible to realign the boxes somewhere at the
middle of the page (latest site updates, shortcuts).

/JM