[EuroPython] Urgent - Read and Respond: Reduced fee for a potential sponsor?

Jacob Hallen jacob at strakt.com
Thu Apr 21 20:02:33 CEST 2005

torsdag 21 april 2005 12.45 skrev Dario Lopez-Kästen:
> Hello,
>
> I have a proposal from a potential sponsor. They are sending 4 people
> from their company, one is a speaker (if their talk is accepted) and
> will probably bring along around 10 people more which are some of their
> customers.
>
> They ask if they can have a reduced fee for their own staff, and suggest
> around 130 euro/staff member. What do you people think?
>
> Do we have some sort rebate system for companies bringing several
> participants?

I think we want to encourage companies to bring many people. However, we don't
want to discount so much that it hurts our budget. For instance, the current
speakers fee only covers food costs, so I don't think it is reasonable to
give any further discounts there.

This is what I propose:

If you bring 5 people or more, you can get a 20% discount. No discount on
student fees and no discount on speakers fees (though speakers count for the
5 people limit).

I'm right now at the Python UK/ACCU conference, and they have a limited number
of subscriptions with t-mobile for internet access. This means that I'll
probably only get short slots in which I can reply to emails in the next few
days.

Jacob