[EuroPython] IRC meeting Tuesday 5 April 18.00 CET

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sun Apr 3 16:00:39 CEST 2005

Dario Lopez-Kästen <dario at ita.chalmers.se> writes:

> I also have been preparing for the net-access on the conference area
> but I have been waiting for an definitve description of what needs to
> be improved. Like I said last year, there is not much room for
> improvement w.r.t to wired access, nor is it possible to have
> non-authenticated wireless.
>
> I am working on solutions to the non-wireless problem, but I do not
> know how much of an issue it is to have to *login* to the network as
> was reported from the evaluation. My hopes are that this is a
> non-issue, but then again, people can get very upset about such
> things...

Well, it's a resistable force meeting an immovable object.  If people
really, absolutely have to have non-authenticated access, then we
can't have the conference at Chalmers -- so they'll have to put up
with it.

Cheers,
mwh
(who didn't/doesn't understand people's vehemence on this point)

--
  And not only in the sense that they imagine heretics where these
  do not exist, but also that inquistors repress the heretical