[EuroPython] Website things

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Sat Apr 2 08:24:37 CEST 2005

Jacob Hallén wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> We are now public with the webiste. Information will go out tomorrow.
>
> I think I have the talk registration fully working now. Please report any bugs
> you find. We are also officially open for talk submissions, so if you plan on
> speaking, please start sending in your stuff.
>
> I have found a few problems with the site, and I'm sure there will be more as
> we move along.
>
> The first one is that the search box doesn't seem to work.

in what way? it works for me (did a search on sprint, göteborg,
chalmers, python, talks). What is a bit confusuing is that the automatic
popup only seems to display "venue" for some search words, which is bad
(ie. searching for "talks" displays the "venue" which is just plain
wrong). If it is hard to fix, I suggest to just remove the pop-up
functionality.

> Third, I don't know how to affect the "latest site changes" box. It would be
> nice to be able to control what goes into it.

I believe that this is a built in functionality of the site framwork,
and that it automatically tracks all changes made. I am curious as to
why would you want to  inhibit or add to this "journal entry" box manually?

Cheers,

/dario

"...and click? damn, I need to kill -9 Word again..." - b using macosx