Re: Vegetarian cuisine (was: Re: [EuroPython] Europython 2004 feedback results)

Magnus Lycka magnus at thinkware.se
Wed Oct 20 21:50:43 CEST 2004

Beatrice Fontaine wrote:
> But then, as a foot lover,

Maybe you want pigs' feet for dinner then? :)

Just because someone rejects to eat meat, it doesn't mean
that they are professional vegetarian chefs, any more than
people who avoid veggies as much as they can, are bound to
experts on steaks etc. I'll pass this on to the food
preparation professionals, and stick to software.

It's certainly possible to find good vegetarian food in
Göteborg. It's a matter of attitude of course, and as a
seasoned vegetarian, it seems clear that regardless of their
skills, some chefs seem to see "minority groups" who want a
different meal as a challenge they want to handle well, and
other seems to see it as an inconvenience that they try to
waste as little energy on as possible.

Personally I don't come to EPC for the food ;) so I don't think
we should make too much of an effort to fix this. There are
other things that we need to focus on.

There *is* filling vegan food by the way...but I don't know if
there are sufficiently good vegan chefs in Göteborg to satisfy
all Pythonistas.

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
http://www.thinkware.se/  mailto:magnus at thinkware.se