[EuroPython] EPC 2005: where and when?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Oct 7 13:12:49 CEST 2004

Nicolas Chauvat <Nicolas.Chauvat at logilab.fr> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 08:16:55AM +0200, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
>
>> Most of the complaints are about VISUAL LAYOUT of the site, but that is
>> *so* much an opinion and
>
> And a number of complaints about the internals are coming from people who
> did *not* participate in the web team last year.
>
> That makes their opinion less... informed (at least).

But at least some of them are coming from people who didn't *think*
they were on the web team, but ended up putting in many, many hours of
"free" time learning about unfamiliar stuff and bolting things
together to meet the go-live deadline.

I don't have any particular beef with plone (although I'd rather have
learnt about it in a more, uh, relaxed fashion), but a plea (that I've
probably made before): EuroPython seems to be quite a big thing in the
Plone world.  The Plone world seems to be quite a large place.  Surely
there's at least one really experienced plone user who could spare a
few hours for being on the EuroPython web team?  What can we do to
make finding this person(s) more likely?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  <datazone> okay, tell me if i am crazy