[EuroPython] PDF with talk matrix online for download

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed May 12 05:23:47 EDT 2004

Stefano Masini <stefano at pragma2000.com> writes:

> Hello europython,
>
> I was wondering if anybody was doing something about this yet.
> Since producing pdfs is my job, I was thinking I could help.

Well, I wrote the talkMatrix, and I haven't thought about it...

> If I'm provided with some files containing the info, I can write a
> program that produces a nice pdf with Adobe InDesign. Of course, every
> time there is a change, someone has to send me the updated files, and
> I'll send back the pdf.

I believe you can get the data via XML-RPC, but have no idea how.

I'm not sure how valuable the code for the talkMatrix would be, as
it's pretty specific to the way HTML tables work... if InDesign works
the same way, then maybe :-) It's also fairly tied to ZPTs.

> So, if something hasn't been set up yet, and you think this could be
> an acceptable solution, let me know, and I'll be glad to help.

Well, reportlab have done the program for the last two EPs and have
been assumed to be doing this one's, but I'm not sure what the current
status is...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
                                                -- W. Somerset Maugham