[EuroPython] Re: Putting your talks in the schedule

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon May 10 04:31:38 EDT 2004

John Pinner <john at clocksoft.com> writes:

> Jacob,
>
> I have attempted to put talks into the schedule for the Business
> Track, a clunky job it is too!

Yes.

> Of 6 talks I set up as instructed, only two show on the schedule.
>
> I wanted to put in a 15 minute 'Intro to the Business Track' but could
> not - presumably because submissions have closed. My fault.

You should still, as manager, be allowed to add talks.  I think the
tab you are looking for is "add talk" :-)

> I have reduced the time allocated to the panel discussions and this
> has reduced the Business track to 3 blocks from 4, you will be glad to
> know.

I'm not sure what difference knowing this *now* makes... I guess we'll
sort things out in the meeting tonight.

> The schedule I tried to enter was:
>
> Day 1:
>
> 13:30  Introduction to Business Track
> 13:45  How Python has helped us to convince prospective customers
> 14:15  10 reasons why you should give a Sh*t about Zope

Well, this isn't going to work with the talkMatrix as is, because that
currently only considers talks which lie on 30 minute boundaries.

I also thought we had an agreement at one point to all schedule talks
on the same boundaries in each block to make moving between tracks
easier.

That said, I can probably fix the talkMatrix to cope with this without
ridiculous amounts of pain.

> 15:30  How to write large-scale applications with Python
> 16:15  Licensing your Python Apps - Panel
>

> Day 2:
>
> 13:30  EMC Vehicle Testing with Python
> 14:15  Software Patents and DRM - Panel

45 minute talks again!

Cheers,
mwh

--
 Have you considered downgrading your arrogance to a reasonable level?
        -- Erik Naggum, comp.lang.lisp, to yet another C++-using troll