[EuroPython] EPC 2005 and 2006

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Jun 14 06:52:33 EDT 2004

Tom Deprez wrote:

> I only heard other peoples at the conference stressing out they were
> interesting in organising one. Of course, if these people don't react,
> then CERN it will be. The only thing is that it seems that CERN needs to
> be quickly decided which will give the others no time to prepare a
> proposal. It would also mean four succesive conferences in the more rich
> countries of Europe (which might leave some people -who are not able to
> come- out of the running for some years)

but that is a problem for everyone - the longer away from one's own
country the conference is held, the more expensive it gets.

As a comparison, I believe that Belgium was quite expensive too (or am I
mistaken?).

But yes, Switserland (sp?) and Genea are epxensive towns (dunno about he
hotels though).

let's just hope someone steps forward to organise the conference in a
less expensive country, if there are still such countries in europe by
2005/2006 :-)

/dario