[EuroPython] while it's fresh

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Sun Jun 13 06:51:27 EDT 2004

Martijn Faassen wrote:

>   * I do not know what can be done, but the beamers were extremely
> fickle, even more so than usual. I tested a presentation monday morning
> on the beamer, saw it worked, and then when the time came my laptop was
> needed for the actual presentation the resolution was all off. At two
> instances during my track alone the beamer could basically not be made
> to work at all. I witnessed several other talks with beamer problems.

I was not aware of this issue until i heard about it on the third day,so
I could not do anything about it. I have never experinced anything like
that myself (and one of the beamers is one I use regularly), but I was
told it might have been something with the settings on the beamers
themselves.

It would help to get some sort of stats regarding what machines and what
OS'es people used to try to nail it down. That is, if it's possible.

/dario