[EuroPython] Accomodation prices

Jeremiah Foster jeremiannika at comcast.net
Sun Feb 29 14:00:28 EST 2004

There are some excellent and affordable accommodations in Göteborg. I'll
start with the really cheap first;

One very good option is the Spar Hotel[1], there are two of them, the
one I am linking to is literally two minutes walk from the conference.
Spar means "save" in Swedish so this is a budget conscious hotel. Rooms
are about 65 EUR and like most Swedish hotels, it should be very
comfortable. In fact, my experience is that Swedish youth hostels are
nicer than many cheap hotels in other parts of the world. You may
seriously want to consider them because they are very nice. (If you ever
go to Gävle, you must stay at the hostel there, it is amazing.) One such
hostel, called a minihotel because it really is a hotel, is Göteborgs
Minihotel[2]. The price list is from 2001, but even if prices have risen
it is incredibly cheap; for a two-bed room it is 20 EUR per bed. Another
good option, near the ferry terminals and the Nordic regions largest
record store, is Massthuggsterrasens Vandrarhem[3].

Another possibility is Hotel Vasa[4] in Vasastan, one of the nicest
parts of the city. It is a short walk to the center and the conference
and there are many, many cafes lining Vasagatan, the main street through
Vasastan. It is one of the hipper areas for restaurants and there are
clubs near by on the Avenyn. Prices at Hotel Vasa are listed in SEK but
are closer to 100 EUR, even less than that depending when you are there.

This option is a hotel[5] right on the Avenyn, Göteborg's main street.
The prices are current and are as low as 47 EUR.

More info can be gleaned from Göteborg's main web site[6] which is
pretty good.

I am not a conference organizer so I cannot speak to any arrangements
that may or have not been made on behalf of attendees, but hopefully
there will be something reasonable available, Göteborg is a lovely city
especially at that time of year and good attendance at the conference I
am sure is welcome.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

- Jeremiah Foster // Pythonian

[1] http://www.sparhotel.se/index2.asp?iLanguageID=2
[2] http://www.minihotel.se/
[3] http://www.mastenvandrarhem.com/