[EuroPython] Re: Europython Tutorials questionaire

Alan Salmoni SalmoniA at Cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 07:12:32 EST 2004

Please send this questionare filled in to "europython at python.org".

>1. Are you likely to attend Europython?

Unsure - it depends on work and whether I can get the money together! :^) If I can, I would like to attend.

>2. What topics would you be interested in? How much would you be ready
>to pay for such a tutorial?

I think business related ones primarily, followed by talks about the future of the language. It is unlikely that I would pay for a tutorial purely because of my financial situation. If that were different, I would be interested in attending a tutorial about improving my programming skills with NumPy.

>3. When would it be most suitable for you to participate in a tutorial?
>Please rank the alternatives.
>a. Friday 4 June
>b. Saturday 5 June
>c. Sunday 6 June
>d. During the conference
>e. When it doesn't conflict with my Sprint
>f. Thursday 10 June

Again, I'm unsure as it depends on the state of my wallet, but during the conference sounds best for me.

>4. Would you be willing to give a tutorial?  On what subject(s)?

Certainly! I would probably be best talking about what I know which is the process of usable interface designing and HCI in general. Sadly, not really related to Python in any particular way...

>5. Is there any other input you would like to give us?

Yes. I thoroughly enjoyed last years conference, even though I did not get as much out of it as I could have done. It was great to meet other Python programmers and just be able to chat about things.

>More information about Europython 2004 will be available shortly at
>http://www.europython.org.

>For the Europython team

>Jacob Hallén
>Head organiser

Thanks for your hard work Jacob! Much appreciated.

Alan.

Alan James Salmoni
HCI Group
School of Psychology