[EuroPython] IRC meeting log 2004-12-20

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Dec 30 21:37:49 CET 2004

Chris Withers wrote:

> Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
>
>> => http://europython-develop.zope.nl/
>

> This actually looks really good, especially the dropdowns (in Moz 1.7
> anyway ;-)
>
> However, why are we wasting so much fo the front page with that big,
> pointless picture?
>
> People want to read the stuff in the 3 columns below that, why make
> them scroll down to do so?!
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris - a picture paints a thousand words except when it just wastes a
> thousand pixels...

Yes indeed, the picture may well be replaced with text or news articles
with vignettes ... to make the whole thing more dynamic - there should
be something graphical at least to make the front page attractive. I'd
like to get a newspaper-like front page layout with title + image +
intro text + link in small blocks...

Cheers /JM