[EuroPython] Europython instance migration

Beatrice Fontaine bea at webwitches.com
Tue Aug 31 16:11:54 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 16:35, Ivo van der Wijk wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're planning on migrating the europython Zope instance to a new hosting server.
>
> Europython currently has two instances, production and develop - do both need to
> be migrated, or can we simpy create a new development instance (if required at
> all) next year?

If no one else objects, I would say yes to the latter.

> Who is currently in charge of maintaining the site? I need someone who can
> perform a check on the migrated site to see if all products are working
> properly, if any python modules are missing, etc.

Ideally speaking this should be a team of several people, depending on
whether you are talking about general health, content, or registration.
There was quite a bit of disagreement on whether using Plone for this
particular was a good idea or not. However, for the time being and until
there is some obvious initiative in another direction, this is the site
there is. Maybe it is time to begin discussing this subject anyhow,
since there is another conference on the horizon.

If you mention on the list when you need the site checked, I'll have a
good look at it. I hope that some more people will do the same. Time to
start moving again.

Happy autumn!

bea

--
"My agenda is so hidden that I can't find it myself". Me.
Béatrice Fontaine