Rooms (Re: [EuroPython] Summary meeting 26 april)

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon Apr 26 18:01:20 EDT 2004

Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> * we seem to have enough space (if we do 4 tracks in parallel) to
>> accomodate the talks we have, early calculations show. But we'll do a
>> lot of tuning still.
>>

> There are only 3 large rooms booked,so we might need to (read: will have
> to) revise this. While I *think* (not sure) that there are other rooms,
> there will be trouble with internet access in thos rooms.

Jacob was rather definite to me that we could expand to a 4th room if
necessary, though I don't know much about the size. We'll see how many
tracks we end up putting it in.

Advice to track chairs though: try to keep the talks shorter rather than
longer. This is also good for keeping people's attention better; 60
minutes of a talk is a *long* time indeed. In previous years the maximum
length of most talks (excepting tutorials I think) was 45 minutes.

Lack of internet access in that room is not a disaster for most talks.

> Also, I need to know more details about planned sprints... howmany
> poeple etc... I still haven't found adequate rooms with netaccess for
> them. I have made som preliminary contacts in buildings nearby for so
> far nothing is settled.
>
> So far I know of a PyPy srpint that "will start on June 02" and
> Martinj's sprint after the conference for 1.5 days.

Yup, my mini-sprint; Guido Wesdorp (also at Infrae) will also be there
(though may not hack on the same stuff). Though I think the PyPy people
will also follow on after the conference. Laura also earlier indicated
she might want to do an impromptu sprint with people she met there.

> Need more info.

For more info on PyPy please consult the PyPy people -- they *should* be
able to tell you more by now. :)

Regards,

Martijn