[EuroPython] europython conference site - some suggestions

Kim Viljanen kim.viljanen at harmaja.fi
Thu Apr 22 06:28:52 EDT 2004

> Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:50:26 +0100
> From: Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net>
> To: europython at python.org
> Subject: Re: [EuroPython] europython conference site - some suggestions
>
>> Kim Viljanen <kim.viljanen at harmaja.fi> writes:
>>
>> It would be nice to see some topics and information about the program
>> before deciding to join the conference.
>
> Well, you can see the list of tracks at
>
> http://www.europython.org/conferences/epc2004/info/talks/

Ok, this had some more information. Thank you! (I just tried to find
information using the tab "Talks". Perhaps a link from the Talks-tab to
the Talks track page could be added?)

> Nevertheless, some of the track chairs have accepted some talks, which
> you can see if you go to the 'more info' page for each track.

Great! :)

>> Also the names of the organizing commmittee members would be
>> interesting to know.
>
> Well, the name 'organizing commitee' suggests a formality that isn't
> really present.  You can see the list of track chairs on the page I
> mentioned above.  The board of the EuroPython Society is listed
> somewhere under
>
> http://www.europython.org/society
>
> There are also the local organizers such as Dario Lopez-Kasten and
> Jacob Hallen (please excuse the lack of diacriticals) and an assorted
> bunch of people who help with the website.
>
> Some people are members of more than one of these groups, of course.
>
> Why do you ask?

I was just interested in knowing a little more about the conference before
deciding to join it. I think it is nice to know who is responsible for
what. Conferences that I have previously participated (such as the WWW,
http://www2003.org) has had a quite informative and easy to navigate web
site where all relevant information (such as the program, descriptions
of the trackes etc) has been easy to find (in my opinnion).

I think the europython-website is good, but it could be even better by
emphasizing the the most important things (the things that helps the
visitors to decide whether to join the conference or not) to lazy web page
readers like me. :)

No intensions to irritate you or something, but just wanted to give you
some valuable (?) feedback. :)

Regards,
Kim

kim.viljanen at harmaja.com | gsm: 040-5414654
Harmaja Software Oy - joustavaa ohjelmistoalan palvelua