[EuroPython] europython conference site - some suggestions

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Apr 22 05:50:26 EDT 2004

Kim Viljanen <kim.viljanen at harmaja.fi> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Just visited the Europython page for the Göteborg conference. Some
> suggestions I came up with:
>
> It would be nice to see some topics and information about the program
> before deciding to join the conference.

Well, you can see the list of tracks at

http://www.europython.org/conferences/epc2004/info/talks/

You can't see the program because we don't know what it is yet!
Indeed, you can still submit talk applications for another few days.

Nevertheless, some of the track chairs have accepted some talks, which
you can see if you go to the 'more info' page for each track.

> Also the names of the organizing commmittee members would be
> interesting to know.

Well, the name 'organizing commitee' suggests a formality that isn't
really present.  You can see the list of track chairs on the page I
mentioned above.  The board of the EuroPython Society is listed
somewhere under

http://www.europython.org/society

There are also the local organizers such as Dario Lopez-Kasten and
Jacob Hallen (please excuse the lack of diacriticals) and an assorted
bunch of people who help with the website.

Some people are members of more than one of these groups, of course.

Why do you ask?

Cheers,
mwh

--
    FORD:  Just put the fish in your ear, come on, it's only a
           little one.