[EuroPython] Registratrion: doubling of usernames

Beatrice Fontaine bea at webwitches.com
Sat Apr 10 03:38:02 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 09:15, Harald Armin Massa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I registerd for Europython conference attendance.
> I had username GHUM registered for plone, and after registering &
> paying i got ghum1 ... additionally.
>
> Is this intentionally or a bug?

I assume that you registered while you were unauthenticated?

The intention/assumption is that you log in as "you" i.e the person who
already registered on the site at an earlier stage, and therefore you
would already be "ghum" when the registration happens. The case you
describe (new uid and pw) applies to the majority of persons, who
register for the conference "from the outside".

If you _were_ logged in as you and still got a new id, then it is most
probably a bug. Can you let us know if you were already logged in at the
time of registration?

As indicated on the registration page, all payments are independent from
one another and the same will happen if you come back as anonymous at a
later stage to register and pay for something else than the first time,
e.g. more t-shirts or more beds, after you had already registered
earlier.

We'll check it after the Easter holidays. Thanks for your comment, and
thanks for registering!

Happy Easter

bea

bea at webwitches.com
"My agenda is so hidden that I can't find it myself". Me.