[EuroPython] accepting talks and other smallish issues

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat at logilab.fr
Fri Apr 9 11:20:19 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

I decided today to check the pending talks of the science track and I have
a few comments that I hope will be helpful.

1/ I got annoyed by a bad redirection : my_talk/view would not show
the talk, but because of acquisition, show the track. I fixed
that in portal_types/PloneConferenceTalk --> Actions by modifying
the action attribute of the first View block. I think both View blocks
and both Edit blocks could be unified, btw, so that we end up with

View
view
ploco_talk_view
View
object
visible

and

Edit
edit
portal_form/ploco_talk_edit
View (*)
object
visible

*: security issue...

2/ Naming glitch. What's called Session in the navigation menu is called
Track in other places. Same problem for URLs. I'd suggest we rename
Session to Tracks and epc2004/info to epc2004/tracks.

3/ lots of files from portal_skins/ploneconference/ are already customized
in portal_skins/custom. Cleaning that up some day will be useful :-)

4/ since managing talks wasn't easy enough to my taste, i modified
ploco_track_view (in custom) so that the "All others talks" list would
show the status of each talk and the e-mail address of its author.

That's it for now. Hope the web workers will forgive me for not asking for
permission before modifying things, but I thought it would be easier this
way. Since I knew how to fix it, complaining and advising rather than doing
seemed like a loss of time... (note that I refrained from renaming
info/session to track since that would impact the existing URL space).

--
Nicolas Chauvat

logilab.fr - services en informatique avancée et gestion de connaissances